Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Creed

So some of you'll may have liked his longer hair better, but I'm totally a fan of Scott Stapp's new cropped hairdo!!!

Yes, and apart from how awesome they all (still) look, let's talk about their new album?
Orgasmic.

Creed is an American rock band from Tallahassee, Florida, that became popular in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The band disbanded in 2004 after three multi-platinum albums, selling 26 million records in the United States [1] and an estimated 35 million records worldwide.[2][3][4]
The band consists of guitarist and backing vocalist Mark Tremonti, lead vocalist Scott Stapp, drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall. They released two studio albums: My Own Prison (1997), Human Clay (1999) before Marshall left in 2000 to be replaced by touring bassist Brett Hestla. Afterwards came Weathered (2001) with Mark Tremonti handling bass before the band disbanded in 2004. Tremonti, Phillips and Marshall went on to found Alter Bridge while Stapp followed a solo career. After months of speculation, the original members of Creed reunited in 2009 for a tour and a new album called Full Circle.


And I'm glad they did.

Their newly released track 'Rain' (Ok... quite recent) gives me tingles, because of how awesome it is. That's pretty much all I can say, although I promise, I am searching for better words to use.

I wasn't initially a huge fan of Creed, apart from those obviously awesome songs we all listened to 'Arms wide open' and 'Higher' and 'Sacrifice'... Okay, I can name A LOT. I was a good enough fan.

But you know how, when bands come back from the 'dead' they're sold out and unreal? These guys are unreal but definitely in a good way.

I love the tone of his voice, and how genuinely he sings it. Plus, I like how simple the video is.

I'm so glad Creed are back! Their album is downloaded and ready to be heard...

<3

1 comment:

UofT said...

Though creed is good.
I think alter bridge is a massive step up. Myles kennedy along with mark tremonti really compose amazing harmonies since both of them are great guitarists.